I have been asked a few times about my Go development environment. Because Go is still a very new language many people do not know where to start. Here are a few tools that I have in my Go toolbox.
- GoCode - Code completion daemon.
- gofmt - Format your code
- godoc - Stdlib and third party documentation
- lint - linter for Go
- doc - Tool to search the docs via the cmd line
- gocov - Code coverage tool
- ctags - If your using vim you can use ctags for method and variable outlines
- gdb - I usually just use print statements for debugging but the new version of gdb allows you to step through Go code
- race detector - Check for race conditions in your code
- cross compile - Compile go for different platforms
Although I use vim for Go I have used Sublime Text 2 and SublimeGo. It provides a very complete Go development setup and code completion if you don't want to make the investment in vim.
Let me know if I missed anything.